CT Magazine 11/96 - Unix For Free

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs(at)freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 00:12:32 +0100 (MET)

I don't know if
        chat(at)de.freebsd.org exists,
but that's where this is sent, first off, if it bounces I'll try
        de-bsd-announce(at)de.freebsd.org

The German CT Magazine will next Thursday 17th October 1996 in edition 11/96
  (yes they're always early the German electronics/computer mags)
have a review article entitled Unix For Free,
it will include Linux, FreeBSD, SCO, GNU.
( I know SCO is not free & they could have said HURD but didn't,
  I don't know why, I'm just an intermittent magazine reader)

They usually have a few articles on line, maybe this article will be one,
it helps to read German, but even if you can't you'll perhaps be able to
have a quick glance at the Op Sys release numbers, & any graphs & tables etc
& see if they're comparing like with like.
        web page: http://www.heise.de
        chief editor: cp(at)ct.heise.de

I mentioned it now to give any German speaking readers a chance to
perhaps quickly contact Heise, & check facts, I recall Jordan saying once
that Heise were off target (I won't be contacting Heise myself,
I live in Germany but my written German grammar is poor )

Julian

---
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org		http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/