Re: daemon stories ( german customs )

From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh(at)time.cdrom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 23:53:59 -0800

> Well, as many people know, I live in Indiana (midwest US.) The states
> bordering on Indiana include Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois and Michigan. In
> most areas of those states, I think one could easily find people who
> misunderstand the Daemon. The risk isn't the 99% of people who are

Well, then why not have a "sanitized" logo which shows just the words
"FreeBSD - The Power to Serve [the lord]" with no daemon picture at
all or, perhaps better yet, the image of a halo'd angel which just
happens to be carrying a trident for some inexplicable reason. We
could target this version at the bible belt and other centers of
religious tolerence.

But why stop there? I could envision something localized to, say the
Jamaican religious market too. Jah chuckie! It could work! :)

                                                Jordan