Re: daemon stories ( german customs )

From: Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh(at)noc.dfn.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:55:27 +0100 (MET)

hello, world\n

# > Well, as many people know, I live in Indiana (midwest US.) The states
# > bordering on Indiana include Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois and Michigan. In
# > most areas of those states, I think one could easily find people who
# > misunderstand the Daemon. The risk isn't the 99% of people who are
#
# Well, then why not have a "sanitized" logo which shows just the words
# "FreeBSD - The Power to Serve [the lord]" with no daemon picture at
# all or, perhaps better yet, the image of a halo'd angel which just
# happens to be carrying a trident for some inexplicable reason. We
# could target this version at the bible belt and other centers of
# religious tolerence.

It should be noted that *BSD already has a religiously correct
motto. Everybody reading the newsgroup description knows that
BSD is God's Own Operating System. (At least de.comp.os.bsd
has "Gottes eigenes Betriebssystem"). Jehova's Wittnesses
should *run* for that!

Regards,

        Jens

--