Re: FreeBSDers met in Berlin yesterday

From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh(at)time.cdrom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:43:52 -0700

> We met in Udo Wolters Band's rehearsal room in Berlin Kreuzberg,
> Urbanstrasse. Sure a very original meeting point.

I'll bet! :-)

> Music was nice to listen to, but FreeBSD specific matters

And at this point, we know that Christoph is lying because I've heard
some of this band's recordings and I don't think "nice" enters into
the proper description anywhere (nor, I do believe, is it supposed
to). . :-) :-)

> We listened to the band playing a selection of their
> repertoire and then we all went to have a nice night meal
> in a chinese restaurant round the corner.

Where you probably still couldn't talk on account of the fact
that all of you were now totally deaf. ;-)

[Ooh, Udo is going to get me for all of this, I just know it ;) ]

> Thanks for an enjoying evening during my stay at the CHEP97
> conference on Computing in High Energy Physics in Berlin from April 7-11
> where I held the FreeBSD banner high and and showed other
> physicists from all over the world, SLAC, FNAL, CERN, DESY
> and other institutions that there's also "life in other galaxies".

Great!! Thanks for both the evanglism and the report!

                                        Jordan