Nortons AntiVirus 2003 Offer

From: Special Offers <aussieoffers(at)yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 05:16:19 +1000

This is a must read virus warning.

W32.Bugbear(at)mm is a mass-mailing worm. It can also spread through Networks. It has backdoor capabilities. The worm will also attempt to terminate the processes of various antivirus and firewall programs. It is written in Microsoft Visual C/C++ programming language and compressed with UPX.

Also Known As: W32/Bugbear-A [Sophos], WORM_BUGBEAR.A [Trend], Win32.Bugbear [CA], W32/Bugbear(at)MM [McAfee], I-Worm.Tanatos [AVP], W32/Bugbear [Panda], Tanatos [F-Secure]
Type: Worm

Affects: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Me

NEW RELEASE!! Protect your computer and network with Nortons AntiVirus 2003!

Features:

NEW! Detects and blocks viruses in instant message attachments
NEW! Exclusive Worm Blocking technology detects worms such as Nimda in outgoing mail to prevent them from infecting other computers
ENHANCED! Automatically removes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses.
Scans and cleans both incoming and outgoing email messages.
Automatic updates to protect you from the latest viruses
Includes step-by-step instructions for installation, even on a computer that has already been infected.
Norton Antivirus 2003 ™ - The World''s Most Trusted Anti-virus Solution.

Now It Repairs Common Virus Infections Automatically Without Interrupting Your Work.
It Scans And Cleans Both Incoming And Outgoing Email And Defends Against Script-based Viruses Such As ''i Love You'' Even Between Virus Definition Updates.

Protect Your Pc Today With Award-winning Norton Antivirus!

Email spoofing

Some variants of this worm use a technique known as "spoofing." If it does this, it chooses at random an address that it finds on an infected computer as the "From:" address that it uses when it performs its mass-mailing routine. Numerous cases have been reported in which users of uninfected computers receive complaints that they have sent an infected message to someone else.

For example, Linda Anderson is using a computer that is infected with W32.Klez.E(at)mm; Linda is not using a antivirus program or does not have current virus definitions. When W32.Klez.gen(at)mm performs its emailing routine, it finds the email address of Harold Logan. It inserts Harold's email address into the "From:" line of an infected email that it then sends to Janet Bishop. Janet then contacts Harold and complains that he sent her infected email, but when Harold scans his computer, Norton AntiVirus does not find anything--as would be expected--because his computer is not infected.

If you are using a current version of Norton AntiVirus, have the most recent virus definitions, and a full system scan with Norton AntiVirus set to scan all files does not find anything, you can be confident that your computer is not infected with this worm.

Only $109.50 inc Gst

   Yes! I would like to take advantage of the Norton's Anti Virus 2003 Offer. I understand that you never charge our credit card until such time as my order is shipped. Please place the following order:

   Number of Nortons AntiVirus 2003 Copies:

   @ $109.50

   Number of Delivery Charges ( 1 per Software Copy):

   @ $14.95 (Australia Wide Shipment Only)

   First Name:

   Last Name:

   Company:

   Address (Street Address Please):

   Address Cont.:

   Post Code:

   Phone:

   Fax:

   e-Mail:

 Order Value Total:
      (No. of Nortons 2003 + No. of Delivery charges = Order Value Total)
     Payment Details:

   Visa, Bankcard or MasterCard - charged upon shipment
   C.O.D. Delivery via Australia Post

   Cardholder Name (if Applic):

   Card Number(If applic):

   Expiry Date(If applic):

At this pricing stock will move fast, don't delay!

Alternatively you can print out this email and fax your order to 07 3856 0647

  All Trade Marks are the property of their respective owners. All prices are inclusive of GST. E.& O.E.

We collect eMail contact addresses from various publicly available sources and other marketing promotions. We understand you may wish NOT to receive information from us by eMail. To be removed from this and other offers, click here . We will remove your email address immediately. Alternatively you can fax your remove request to 07 3856 0647 (include email address to be removed). Queensland Computer Company Pty Ltd.

System Requirements: Required For All Installations 50 Mb Of Available Hard Disk Space Cd-rom Drive Internet Explorer 4.01 Or Higher 32 Mb Of Ram Windows® 98 Millennium Edition Nt Workstation 4.0 (service Pack 6 Or Higher) 2000 Professional Xp Home Edition Or Xp Professional Intel Pentium® 133mhz Or Higher Processor For Windows 98 Nt Ws 2000 Pro Intel Pentium 150 Mhz Or Higher Processor For Windows Me Intel Pentium® 300 Mhz Or Higher Processor For Windows Xp Home Edition And Professional 32 Mb Of Ram For Windows 98 Me And Nt Ws 64 Mb Of Ram For Windows 2000 Pro 128 Mb Of Ram For Windows Xp Home Edition And Professional Email Scanning Supported For Any Standard Pop3 Compatible Email Client Including: Microsoft® Outlook® Express 4.0/5.x/6.0 Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/xp Netscape® Messenger 4.x Netscape Mail 6.0 Eudora® Light 3.0 Eudora Pro 4.0 Eudora 5.0. Once opened software cannot be returned for credit. Supported instant messenger clients:AOL® Instant Messenger 4.7 or higher, Yahoo! ® Instant Messenger 5.0 or higher , MSN® Messenger and Windows® Messenger 4.6 or higher

with "unsubscribe de-bsd-test" in the body of the message