ATTENTION PLEASE

From: MUSA AHMED <musa_ahmed(at)rediffmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:05:07 +0200

NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION( NNPC)

Greetings.

SIR,

This letter may come to you as a surprise but it was
borne out my sincere desire to share mutual business
relationship with you.

Your contact address/ your company’s name was given to
me by close associates of mine attached with Nigerian
Chambers of Commerce trade and Industry Abuja-Nigeria,
though the contents nature of the business was not
disclosed to him.

I am Engr. Musa AHMED,the Director and funds
coordinator of the Finance/ Contract Department of the
Nigerian National Petroleum (NNPC).

TERMS OF REFERENCE.

My terms of reference involve the financial management
and disbursement of proceeds form petroleum product
and also the award of contract of multi-national
companies.

My office is also saddled with the responsibility of
screening,categorization and prioritization of project
embarked upon by the NNPC as well as feasibility
studies of selected projects and supervising the
project consultant involved. A break down of the
fiscal expenditure by my office as at the end of the last quarter of 2001 indicated that the NNPC paid out awhopping sum of US$736M (Seven Hundred and Thirty Six
Million united States Dollars) to successful contract
beneficiaries.

The Federal Government has approved the sum of two
Billion for the payment of NNPC foreign contractors
beginning from first quarter of this year.

The crux of this letter is that the finance/contract
department of the NNPC deliberately over-inflated the
contract value of the various contracts awarded. In
the course of disbursement, this department has been
able to tract down the sum US$42.5M (Forty Two Million
Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) as the over invoiced
sum. This money is lying floating in the NNPC
domiciliary Account with the Central Bank of
Nigeria (CBN).

I and my colleagues now want to quickly transfer this
fund to safe nominated foreign account for possible
investment abroad. We are not allowed as a matter of
Government policy to operate any foreign account
because of our status as civil/ public servant. Hence
the need of solicit for your account to transfer this
fund into.

We have agreed that after the money gets into your
account, you shall be entitled to 30%, the officials
and I shall take 65% while 5% has been mapped out for
local and international expenses that may incurred in
the course of the transfer. We have set in motion the
machinery for the take off of this transaction and
further action will commence immediately we hear from
you.

Although, we have not done any business with you
before as to know your Honesty but based on the
information obtain from our Nigeria chambers of
Commerce Trade and Industry, we believe you will
not sit on the money when it goes into your account
(i.e. only percentage allocated to you that you would
take).

We shall like to establish a “memorandum” with you.
Hence, the need for a trust bond, furthermore we shall
be relying on your advise as regards business to
enable us forward claims and invoice the payment of
this money in your favour, we will require you to send
by e-mail immediately to me the following:

Your nominated Bank Particulars together with the name
of the firm that would act as the Beneficiary of the
funds including your private telephone/fax number.

As soon as the above particulars are received, we
shall use them to process the approvals of the payment
of the fund into your account within 10 to 14 working
days. While working forward to having 100% free
transaction with you, we demand you to keep this deal
confidential at all times.

Please you can as well reach me through my email

Yours sincerely,

Engr. Musa Ahmed.

with "unsubscribe de-bsd-test" in the body of the message