Re: UMTS-USB-Stick + FreeBSD

From: Christoph Sold <cs(at)cheasy.de>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:09:19 +0100

Am 28.12.2009 um 10:47 schrieb Oliver Fromme:

> Lars Engels wrote:
>> ich habe hier den Stick von Pro7 im Einsatz:
>> http://stick.prosieben.de
>> Dabei handelt es sich um einen Huawei E160E, der von u3g unter 8.0
>> problemlos erkannt wird.
>> Eine Anleitung habe ich mal hier mit-zusammengeklöppelt:
>> http://wiki.bsdforen.de/howto/umts_mit_huawei
>
> Super! Das war die Info, die ich gesucht habe.
> Auf der Seite von Pro7 steht sogar explizit, dass das ein
> Huawei E160E ist, d.h. die werden nicht unversehens die
> Hardware ändern.

Fürs Archiv: Damit sollten (fast) alle Sticks endlich funktionieren.

3G USB support

Contact: Andrew Thompson <thompsa(at)FreeBSD.org>

Recently, a bunch of new device IDs have been added for the u3g(4) cellular wireless driver; the list should be comparable now with other operating systems around. A lot of these devices have a feature where the unit first attaches as a disk or CD-ROM that contains the Win/Mac drivers. This state should be detected by the u3g driver and the usb device is sent a command to switch to modem mode. This has been working for quite some time but as it is implemented differently for each vendor I am looking for feedback on any units where the auto switchover is not working (or the init is not recognized at all). Please ensure you are running an up to date kernel, like r201681 or later from 9.0-CURRENT, or 8-STABLE after the future merge of this revision.

-Christoph