Re: NFS

From: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)secnetix.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:55:00 +0100 (CET)

Harold Gutch <logix(at)foobar.franken.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 07:50:40PM +0100, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> > <quote>
> > File systems that are mounted read-write or that con-
> > tain executable files should always be mounted with
> > the hard option. Applications using soft mounted file
> > systems may incur unexpected I/O errors, file corrup-
> > tion, and unexpected program core dumps. The soft
> > option is not recommended.
> > </quote>
>
> Ahja, wenn ich das schon mal irgendwo gesehen haette, haette ich
> wohl auch nie soft-mounts benutzt. Wo ist das denn her?

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mount_nfs&manpath=SunOS+5.9

I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet.  Here's what I worry about.  I worry
that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say "Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?"
       -- Mike Godwin