vmware - could not get address for /dev/vmnet1:

From: Manuel Hendel <Manuel.Hendel(at)easygolucky.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:02:23 +0100

Yesterday I did a complete upgrade. Afterwards vmware didn't work
anymore. The following error message appeared:

Could not get address for /dev/vmnet1: Invalid argument
Failed to configure ethernet0.

Does anyone know, where this comes from? What can I do against it? The
point is, that I didn't change anything after my upgrade, I just
rebooted.

Thanks for any help,
    Manuel

--
Acting doesn't bring anything to a text. On the contrary, it detracts from it.
-Marguerite Duras