Linux glibc-versions under FreeBSD 4.3?

From: Joachim Jena <j.jena(at)web.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:02:47 +0200

Currently I am not a FreeBSD-User. For orientation I need some
information about FreeBSD 4.3 before crossgrading from Linux to FreeBSD.

Many times these questions likely have been asked before:

1. Can I use the native FreeBSD gcc-compiler for cross-compiling for the
Linux-emulation with supporting glibc-2.1/glibc-2.2 ?
or alternatively
2. can I use Linux gcc and compile for a perhaps different target glibc
?
3. can I use different glibc-Version say 2.1 and 2.2 in parallel ?
4. which Linux version of gcc if any is supplied with FreeBSD 4.3 ?

_joachim