mirror and perl

From: Christoph P. Kukulies <kuku(at)gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 14:07:17 +0100

My freebsd.org mirroring is still very flaky using mirror.2.3
and perl5.001.
Once, when trying to mirror larger trees, I got an Out of Memory!
message in my mirror log file and this happened during scanning the
remote site. I'm now running the mirror script with the -F option -
btw there is a bug in the mirror script, bigtmp is mixed up with
bigtemp.

I have subdivided the scan now into scanning smaller sub trees
but there still seems to be a memory leak or something eating
abnormally much memory. I'm using the -F option on mirror
to allows the use of .db files but still I get sometimes
pieces in the wrong places. E.g., I scanned /pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/
but the subdirs of distfiles landed in /pub/FreeBSD/ (!).

Anyone knowing a stable combination of mirror (version/pl) and perl
version/pl ?

--Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku(at)gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de