From: joerch <helix(at)mayn.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:19:42 +0200

bi0(at)d00r.de wrote:

> olk, i have a soundblaster live player 1024
> and i dont want to buy a oss license,
> how can i get it working ?
> i tried
> device pcm (someone told me it should run)
> but it didn't work
>
> thx
>
> bye
>
> bi0
>
> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo(at)de.FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe de-bsd-hackers" in the body of the message

what release of freebsd are you running on your machine ?
for ver 4.0 i can say, that the live player wont work.
imho i am not a hacker, just another user ;)
it should work with the 4.1 release.
but i am not sure, i didnt tried it.

if you got the 4.0, get the 4.1 and try it again.

i sold my sb live player and bought the sb128.
that one works fine with fbsd 4.0-current and with the
device pcm line in the kernel configfile.

and its much cheaper than the sblive, bout half of the prize.

so its your choice ;)