Short FreeBSD talk on 34c3?

From: Hannes Hauswedell <h2(at)fsfe.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 21:41:40 +0100

Hi everyone,

the FSFE is planning a session on the 34th Chaos Communication Congress
about Free operating systems that are not based on Linux. We want to
promote "free software diversity" and would love have someone introduce
FreeBSD to the audience. We are also inviting the other BSDs,
OpenSolaris/IllumOS and also GNU/Hurd :D

The session will be part of the unofficial program and will likely be
held in the large assembly space of the more political organisations.
Last year we have had community sessions with over a hundred people so
it is an opportunity to present FreeBSD to an interested crowd. More
details on the session here:
https://blog.3rik.cc/2017/10/call-for-sessions-at-the-fsfe-assembly-during-34c3/

The person presenting doesn't in anyway have to represent the foundation
or even be developer, although it would be good if they know FreeBSD
since more than a year so they can answer questions.

Format of the short talk:
* max. 10min talk/presentation + 5min Q+A
* one slide about yourself and your role in / experience with the project
* one slide with quick facts of your project (since when? how many
developers? size of community, commercial users? License? frequency of
updates ...)
* then pick some things that are specific to your OS or that you think
are interesting
* doesn't have to be a complete overview, it's ok to cover some
highlights and some differences to other OSs, especially Linux
* you can also demonstrate something practical, e.g. how easy it is to
configure your operating system's firewall compared to iptables.

Is anyone that you know going to 34c3 that would like to do this? Please
feel free to forward this to other people or mailing lists. And please
get back to me ASAP if you want to volunteer!

Thank you and best regards,
Hannes (German team of the FSFE and a long-time FreeBSD user)

with "unsubscribe de-bsd-chat" in the body of the message