Re: Berkeley In Munich

From: Julian Stacey <jhs(at)jhs.muc.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 01:42:16 +0200

> > > Es gibts !
> > > Berkeley In Munich http://bsd.bsn.com
> ahh, warum steht das nirgends?
> > > Im kurz:
> > > - Die kiste im momemt: sun sparc ipx openbsd 2.4
> > > - Die kiste ist 24/7 im verbindung mit Internet.
> > > - Apache letzte woche installiert
> > > - Openbsd-2.5 zu hause compiliert, & ich wuerde bald installieren.
> > > - Name m.de.freebsd.org wuerde bald eingetrager fuer uns
> > > (per Greg Lehey <grog(at)mojave.lemis.com>)
> >
> > Hmm. Ich hatte eigentlich nur vorgehabt, BIM in
> > http://www.freebsd.org/support.html einzutragen, was ich jetzt (gerade
> > erst) getan habe. Ich bin für DNS nicht zuständig und weiß auch nicht
> > so genau, wer da der richtige ist.
>
> Und gibt es von Berkeley In Munich auch treffen oder so? Oder besteht
> das bloß aus einem Computer? Wenn es auch Leute dazu gibt, die sich
> regelmässig treffen, schlage ich vor, dass der wir (halt alle, die
> interessiert sind) uns anschliessen. Wenn nicht, müssen wir halt mal
> was organisieren...

(OK, mein Deutsch fehlt mir hier, also ich screibe in English,
  aber erwarte Antworten in Deutsch fals gewunscht :-)

Please wait ~2 weeks.
You asked shortly before I was ready to announce something,
  (it had seemed to me that first it was best to have an httpd & ftpd & logins
  to focus us, so having just set up httpd a few days ago, I was about to
  sort out majordomo next, when you posted & asked, so rather than waste
  time duplicating effort, I though it best to announce where we were up to.

We would like to see a regular BSD Munich/Muenchen Stammtisch etc
(there was one before, ask knarf@, who's list I inherited long ago,
(but saw no traffic on for years, so I guess it shrank )),
Just how often & where a Stammtisch will be, will be decided by the
people on the mail list I'm setting up, in a couple of weeks.

I have some ideas, I guess you do too, but I don't want to discuss it
on this Deutschland-wide list (S/N ratio etc), & don't want to discuss it
in private 1 to 1 mail either yet (too inefficient), let's wait untill
the 2 weeks for my invitation to BSD'ers in Muenchen to subscribe/unsubscribe
has passed, then we can discuss it Munich-wide :-)

jhs(at)muc.de (until I install majordomo @ bsd.bsn.com)
(to start, the list is in fact already usable as
        bsd-muc(at)jhs.muc.de
but please dont post to it just yet,
allow people time to subscribe/unsubscribe.
Thanks.

Julian
Julian H. Stacey http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/
   FreeBSD: Free system software with 2500 free packages, Linux compatible.
   British government wants to criminalise privacy via encryption: