Re: Wo gibt es Empfänger, möchte FreeBSD Rechner als NTP Server betreiben

From: Julian Stacey <jhs(at)jhs.muc.de>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 00:00:39 +0200

Hi, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> wie kann man sich "mit wenig Geld" eine, möglichst genaue clock
> bauen, um einen FreeBSD Rechner dann als NTP Server einsetzen
> zu können ?
> Wo gibt's das und was kostet das. Anschluß über serielle versteht
> sich ...

Sorry for late reply, but you'll like the answer: DM 20, @ Conrad.

5cm x 2.5 cm inc LCD display (DM 10 if just LCD display & no interface pins)
I bought mine maybe 3 months ago, model No on back says LR44

It has a 4 pin i/face (like power on a 3.5" floppy drive)
but connects to a serial port, but not as serial asynch signal
more like the signal gets strobed by the DC pins on the port,
cant tell you more as been too busy to cable it up yet.
( gj(at)freebsd.org & CollinsM(at)csi.com also have 1 each, I think they've also
been too busy to try it, so they just sit on top of monitors for now,
listening to Braunschweig, & gently nagging us to find time :-)

Julian
Julian H. Stacey http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/
  Considering Linux ? Then also consider the 2000+ free packages for FreeBSD.

with "unsubscribe de-bsd-chat" in the body of the message