Re: German Advocacy on BSD

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas(at)klemm.gtn.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:37:54 +0200

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 03:22:05PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I also found the article to be interesting but thought it missed one
> of the key points in comparing *BSDs: The sizes of our respective user
> bases. [...]

So perhaps we should made a successstory story concerning the new
Xeon hardware, Gigabit Ethernet, new traffic record.

Then perhaps some download statistics from ftp.freebsd.org or
some number about FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD's useage in internet:
        http://www.leb.net/hzo/ioscount/index.html

BTW, this website also has some nice references to other counters,
tools (nmap, queso) and articles.

Then perhaps something about history, but maybe not too much ;-)

Better telling something about our high end solutions ;-)

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                  http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html