daemon stories ( german customs )

From: Andreas Klemm <andreas(at)klemm.gtn.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 20:42:07 +0100

Well, finally I got 2.2.5 promotion CD's this morning....

I was missing one document, because it were two packages and
feared, I have to go to town once again ... but the customs officer
was so nice to give me a tip, how to get a copy of the needed
document directly from the "snail mail" office only some hundereds
meters away ...

Well so I managed it to get everything in one day and was so thankful
that I offered the customs officer one FreeBSD 2.2.5 CD-Rom after he
told me, that his son in the age of 16 has a computer with windows 95.

But he refused to get the CD-Rom ... Well I tried to persuade him,
that I didn't want to make a deal with him, I only wanted to give
it to him, because of the nice service ...

Well, then he told me, it's because of the demon symbol ....
He is "witnes of Jehova" ;-))) So he can't tale my offer.

Well I tried to explan to him, that this is only a masquot of
the developemen team and was only chosen because of daemon
programs so a demon is the masqot.

"Yes, he told me ... these demons work in the background and try
to influence us to something bad ..."

Umpf ;-)) I wished him a nice day, said to him, yes I also belive
in something like "good" and went away ...

Someone other with such "demon stories" ?! ;-)

        Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm