Re: Bug in the documentation FreeBSD

From: Johann Kois <jkois(at)freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:44:14 +0200

On Thursday, 10 September 2009 19:00:20 dihegroup(at)gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have found in the german documentation a bug.
>

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/de_DE.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/configtuning-star
>ting-services.html
>
> please look here:
>
> start_cmd="echo \"Starting ${name}.\"; /usr/bin/nice -5 ${command}
> ${utility_flags} ${command_args}"
>

> the right version is:
>
> start_cmd="echo \"Starting ${name}.\""; /usr/bin/nice -5 ${command}
> ${utility_flags} ${command_args}"

I don't think so. If you count your quotation marks after your proposed
change you will see that you now have 5 quotation marks. And this will
definitely not work!

And then:
- The german translation has exactly the same syntax in the english version
(had). So if this was an error, it would be an error in the english version.
- This paragraph has been removed from the english version of the handbook.
The german translation has just not been updated yet due to lack of manpower

Best regards.

Johann

--
Johann Kois