HEADSUP: The importance of translation projects in FreeBSD

From: Gabor Kovesdan <gabor(at)freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:44:27 +0200

Dear Folks,

I'm writing to you in concern of your translation effort. As you have
formed a translation project you probably know what kind of importance
does it have. I would like to promote and give even more publicity and
attention of the translation projects, though. I think they are very
important for such a well-known and famous project, like FreeBSD. I've
set up a wiki page for the translation projects, where I emphasize their
importance and make some recommendations about promoting your projects.
One of these is regularly sending quarterly status reports to monthly@
when they are announced. I've been doing this for the Hungarian project
and I'm getting feedback and new candidates for translating or reviewing
some parts of the existing translation. I'd like to recommend you to do
so, as well. The other thing is, adding your project to the wiki page.
The wiki is easier to edit and format, not like our translations.html
page and it has the advantage that non-committer contributors can also
paticipate. Committers probably already have an account with proper
access. If you cannot edit the page, let me know and I will give you the
rights to do so. I also recommend you to read the other pieces of
information from the wiki pages. It is located here:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/DocTranslationProjects

Although some of you is not very active nowadays, these steps could give
a burst to the inactive projects and recruit more translators, as well.
This effort also aims to do this and get new contributors to translate
FreeBSD for new languages, as well.

I'm looking forward of your feedback and comments.

Regards,
Gábor Kövesdán

with "unsubscribe de-bsd-translators" in the body of the message