Re: Fehlermeldung beim Upgrade von 10 zu 11

From: Oliver Fromme <oliver(at)fromme.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 14:42:07 +0100 (CET)

Hallo Peter,

Peter Ross wrote:
> Ich habe gerade auf 10-STABLE 11-STABLE kompiliert, und beim Installieren
> des Kernels bekomme ich untenstehende Fehlermeldung, nachdem alles
> installiert wurde (make installkernel KERNCONF=VIMAGE)
> [...]
> Ich traue mich nicht zu booten;-) Kann ich das ignorieren?
> [...]
> kldxref /boot/kernel
> kldxref: unknown metadata record 4 in file atacard.ko
> kldxref: unknown metadata record 4 in file atp.ko
> kldxref: unknown metadata record 4 in file atp.ko
> [...]

Aus /usr/src/UPDATING:

        The code to start recording plug and play data into the modules
        has been committed. While the old tools will properly build a new
        kernel, a number of warnings about "unknown metadata record 4"
        will be produced for an older kldxref. To avoid such warnings,
        make sure to rebuild the kernel toolchain (or world). Make sure
        that you have r292078 or later when trying to build 292077 or
        later before rebuilding.

Gruß
 — Olli

--
Oliver Fromme, München   --   FreeBSD + DragonFly BSD
``We are all but compressed light'' - Albert Einstein