[jdp@polstra.com: HEADS UP: CVSup problems]

From: Bernd Walter <ticso(at)mail.cicely.de>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:07:10 +0200

Der bisherige cvsup Client hat einen Uhrzeitbug der einen
Ueberlauf bei 999999999 zu 1000000000 hat.

Das fixen dauert auf cvsup4.de.freebsd.org (alias cvsup.de.freebsd.org)
etwas laenger, da der Rechner auf alpha laeuft und John Polstra nur
x86 versionen als binary verfuegbar gemacht hat.
Ich habe ihm deswegen bereits eine Mail geschickt.

Alle Clients sollten ebenfalls auf cvsup >= 16.1d umgestellen.

ticso(at)cicely.de         Usergroup           info(at)cosmo-project.de

attached mail follows:

This morning I received a report from Jun Kuriyama of incorrect
timestamps on cvsup-master. CVSup has started setting the timestamps
of updated files to Jan 1 1970. I have been looking into this, and my
best guess at this point that it is a bug in CVSup which was triggered
by the date (in seconds past the epoch) passing 1000000000. I am
working full-speed on a fix.

In the meantime, I have shut down cvsupd on cvsup-master. But you
already have some files with incorrect timestamps. It probably won't
help to fix them manually, as I would guess that the bug will still
propagate incorrect time stamps to your clients.

I'll let you know when I have more info. Please don't bombard me
with questions in the meantime.

Not a good way to start out the day. :-(

John

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo(at)FreeBSD.org

attached mail follows:

I have fixed the CVSup bug which has been causing the timestamps of
some files to be updated incorrectly. The new version is available
here in both source and binary form (for FreeBSD-4.x):

    http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/

The ports and packages are not updated yet. I'll do that next.

EVERY mirror site needs to install this update as soon as possible.

All users will need to upgrade too *sigh*. I'll post an
announcement for them as soon as I update the ports.

John

To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo(at)FreeBSD.org

with "unsubscribe de-bsd-hubs" in the body of the message