Re: slow FTP

From: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)secnetix.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:30:16 +0200 (CEST)

Steven Plehier <steven(at)plehier.net> wrote:
> I'm currently Installing FreeBSD 4.3 on a PC over here and it's going really
> slow (0.9 K/sec) while I used to get speeds up to 150 K/sec. Is there a
> problem with the ftp server?

What exactly is "over here", and which FTP server are you
trying to use?

In case you didn't know, there's a whole lot of FreeBSD
FTP mirrors all over the world. It's generally a good idea
to picke the one which is closest to your location.
Please refer to http://www.freebsd.org/ for a complete
list of FTP mirrors and further instructions.

Regards
   Oliver