Re: 4.0 ISO image

From: J Wunsch <j(at)uriah.heep.sax.de>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 10:06:18 +0100

As Eric Snow wrote:

> I am trying to get a copy of the FreeBSD 4.0 release ISO image. I read
> somewhere that it is found currently at <ftp7.de.freebsd.org>. When I try
> to go there it tells me I can't enter because I'm a host which doesn't
> appear on any nameserver. So what is the problem and what do I do about
> it? Thanks.

First, please don't use the German mirror servers, rather use the US
mirrors instead. It's pointless to use mirrors that are topologically
far away from you.

Second, ask your network administrator to have all machines that have
access to outside registered with reverse DNS.

--
cheers, J"org  /  73 de DL8DTL