Re: FreeBSD 3.1 SMP outperforms SuSE 6.0 SMP by factor 2.3 !!!

From: Joseph Scott <joseph(at)randomnetworks.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:41:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> See the links in my signature ...
>
> Enjoy it ... Linux brings 0% performance gain in the "stable" system
> SMP arena ......

        I took a quick look and it's eat to have some numbers with these
features. I'm not likely to get my hands on multiproc. machines so I was
hoping that someone would do something like this.

        Would it be possible for you to run the same tests with the 2.2
kernel? I would think that regardless of the label ( "stable", "current",
etc ) the 2.2 kernel would be the one most people would put up against
FBSD 3.1